Facebook growing gift

Sun, Jan 6, 2008

Blog

Yesterday I dreamed about facebook.

I am a bit rubbish at facebook at the minute as I’m really struggling to fit it in, and I am so behind at cre8buzz, but my reasons are good, honest. You see, the silly season continues into January at my house as we have my mum’s birthday on January 10th, Mr B’s on the 11th, my brother’s on the 15th and Miss M’s on the 25th.

Add to this the fact that my amazing mate Dez (Destine) and her fab bloke Jay are moving to New Zealand next week, and it’s all a bit crazy.

We have also chosen this time to update both the girls rooms, which has led to all the Ikea trips and flat pack furniture building.

I am so behind in my blog reading that I’m thinking of having myself cloned so that I can catch up.

My mates, Dez, Jay, Lou, Pod, Nic, baby Caleb, Nats and Andrea have just left, and I have still to post (it is 11.30pm Uk time), so if this reads really badly, I’ll blame the White Zinfandel, the laughter and the emotion.

Dez, Lou, Nic, Nats and Rosie are coming round on Tuesday for a girlie night, then we’re at my Mum’s for tea on Thursday, and on Friday, we go off to Center Parks for the weekend as it’s my mum’s 60th.

We have two villas booked side by side for the 13 of us. I can’t wait, but there is so much to do, and I have to say goodbye to Dez and I may not see her again for a long time. :(

So, my head is a complete shed, filled with slugs, woodlice and proabably dry rot.

shed-head.jpg

Hopefully… this will explain why I woke up after dreaming about receiving ‘Growing Gifts’ on Facebook, and thought to myself; ‘Those are really cool. I wonder if there’s a way you could get one of those in real life??’

Then I actually felt my brain shudder at its own stupidity.

potted_plants.jpgputted_flower.jpgpotted_planter.jpg

, , , , , ,

16 Responses to “Facebook growing gift”

1. Mrs. Weasley Says:

Enjoy your last few days with Dez and celebrating all the birthdays. That is what is most important. We’ll keep checking in and see you when you have time to write again.

2. kitten (Katie) Says:

Bless your heart. I don’t know much about face book, I just do my friend doing here.
    Hope things settle soon.

I have tagged you for a meme on my blog. You are not obligated to play if you don’t want to.

3. Kimberly Says:

What’s New Zealand got against you, that’s what I want to know. Owie-zowie, your poor hurtin’ head…

4. mielikki Says:

Oh I have been so bad with my own facebook! And it sounds like your hands are very full for the time being! Have fun with all your fun activities, and, NZ is internet capable, last I heard, so at least you’ll have that. :)

5. IngeniousRose Says:

Jo! PANIC! I thought the Centre Parcs trip for you mum was supposed to be a surprise, but she reads you blog!
    I’ve gone off Facebook a bit myself. It was exciting to start with but the novelty has worn off now.

6. Corey Says:

YOu are one busy lady, but still have the time to come over to my blog and leave me some really darn sweet comments. Thank you! :)
    oh and sugar shares a b-day with your mum!

7. camikaos Says:

I’m soooooooo behind as well!

8. holly Says:

oh my god i have totally been a bad facebook-er.

how are you not crazy with all this activity? oh wait…
    just kidding!

the thing about the growing gifts, though is that they actually grow. i lack the ability to grow things in my house. they try. boy HOWDY do they try, but then *i* am in the equation, and … well…. the best thing i can say about my plant skills is that i am a good golfer.

9. Jen Says:

You’ve been behind on Facebook? I barely get to pop in there or on cre8buzz either. Which is evident by my ranking dropping like a stone in an empty well.

Your brother shares a b-day with TFYO. He must be an alright bloke *grin*

Our nearest Ikea is a four hour drive from here. And me with baby furniture to buy!

10. Akelamalu Says:

Facebook? What’s that???? Can you tell I’m technically challenged?

11. Avery Says:

Aw! Poor Jo!

I’m not on Facebook. I feel so behind the times! But, if I was, I would send you one of those Growing Gifts. That’s how I roll.

12. rotten correspondent Says:

Sometimes I have to remind myself that this blog stuff is for fun, because when you get behind it can get stressful.

Relax. We’re not going anywhere.

13. Susan as herself Says:

I don’t think it’s a silly dream at all. And I think you CAN get a growing gift in real life—just plant a tree or a flower garden!! ;)

14. Jo Beaufoix Says:

Thanks Mrs W. You are a sweetie. I’m planning on getting ahead with my writing today so I can post while I’m away And catching up on some reading too. Hope you’re all and that Ron and Ginny are behaving. :D

Hi Kitten. Thanks for the tag. I’ll be over shortly. :D

Kim, I know. It’s such a beautiful place though. Amazingly, Dez will only be about an hour away from Ju so they’ll get to see each other. That feels really good. :D

Mielikki, I’m hoping Dez will get a web cam. We talk to my sister in Brighton with it, and we will hopefully get organised and talk to Ju with it too soon.

Ingenious, don’t panic, my dad told her over the weekend so the secret is out but we needed to tell her soon anyway so that’s fine. :D

Corey, so you have an exciting week this week then. We just got news M will start morning nursery o the 28th, the weekend after she turns three, so I will be alone for 2.5 hours every morning. I’m planning to go to the library and work on my book a few times a week. We’ll see how that pans out though. ;)

Cami, how did we do all this last year? I seem to have lost a few hours somewhere.

Holly, I kill plats too. I don’t mean to, they just don’t like me. So that’s their fault right??

Jen, there’s just too much to do. But I really feel bad about getting behind on my blog reading. I miss people.
    Can’t believe TFYO will soon be TFYO. It goes so fast.
    And my brother is a sweetie so it’s a good date to share. :D

Akela, you may not do facebook, but your blog shows you are SO not technically challenged.

Avery, they are cute. You can grow animals, and money trees and weird stuff. And you can throw virtual sheep at people. I just don’t have time right now though.

RC, you’re right. It’s just that you get to care about people and then you feel you’re etting them down. Bugger. It’s probably a bit of the crappy catholic guilt too I suppose. Thanks sweetie. :D

Susan, exactly. Oh my poor aching brain. ;)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks