Moan, moan, whinge, whinge

Sun, Sep 14, 2008

Uncategorized

Is it me, or do the days when you, your spouse and your kids are feeling a bit green about the gills, slightly under the weather, or just blumming well sick, do these days feel like the longest days ever?

I feel like I have been up for a year. We have the aches, the shivers, stomach pain, nausea, dizziness, sore heads, grumpiness, and, well, let’s just say the ozone layer above our house? BIG hole, HUGE.

And on top of all that, the post I have just written has been swallowed up by wordpress. Admittedly it was just as whingy and whiny as this one, but it was almost done and I’d found a lovely pink spotty woollen hot water bottle to use as an illustration. Sighhhh.

I now have this sneaky feeling that wordpress has gone all parental on me and is doing that the thing where they go, “If you don’t stop moaning I’ll give you something to moan about.” But that never really helped did it?

Harrumph.

I’m off to sulk and nurse my sore tummy. Right now it feels as if my guts are trying to gnaw their way out through my stomach wall…..unless I have inadvertently swallowed a lion, in which case I may need to summon a superhero, or thwart it with the power of dance.

Tsk.

hot-water-bottle.jpg

, ,

18 Responses to “Moan, moan, whinge, whinge”

1. Maria Says:

Feel better love!

2. Lilacspecs Says:

I have food poisoning right now, if that’s any consolation.

3. Iota Says:

Oh poor you. Yes, those days are very long. Hope you feel better soon.

4. Crazycath Says:

Sadly those days seem the longest.
    Glad you found your pink spotty hot water bottle. Now hug it and sleep. :0)

5. mielikki Says:

hope you are all better soon

6. WT Says:

I’m sorry to hear you feel bad. And too bad you don’t have the free WP, that one does autosave!

7. WT Says:

PS. It also posts comments in less than a minute!!!

8. leendaluu Says:

I’m sorry….sounds like a bit of bad food. Hope you all are better soon!

9. Missives From Suburbia Says:

Aww… I hope you feel better soon. It really is awful trying to be a mother and sick at the same time. No down time at all, eh?

10. Corey~living and loving Says:

Oh dear….I lost a post this week too. :( it really is enough to send a person over the edge…and it sounds like you might have already been there. sigh….hugs for you! Hope you are feeling better soon.

11. Dumdad Says:

As Elbert Hubbard cogently said: “Life is one damn thing after another!”

Get well soon!

12. Tara@From Dawn Till Rusk Says:

and have you ever notice that if hubby is ill with the same thing, it’s always worse than yours or a much more intense strain than yours? Funny that

13. Tara@From Dawn Till Rusk Says:

And have you ever noticed how when hubby has the same thing, it’s always worse than yours or a more intense strain than yours or it lasts longer than yours? Funny that

14. Jo Beaufoix Says:

Lilacs, I think that’s what we had so I just feel sorry for you sweetie. Rest up and drink lots of water.

Iota, it’s jsut rude isn’t it? Sick days should be short and slept away, not spent, well, you know…

Crazy Cath, I love me my hot water bottle.

Thanks Mie. We’re loads better. :D

WT, I think this one does autosave too. It was really weird, it was there, then it was gone. I couldn’t even press undo oer anything. I hate that so much.

WT, you hate my blog don’t you. :D

Leenda, I think it was. Bleurghhhhhh.

Debs/Missives, yep, down time is scarce, it must be even harde for single parents though. At least Mr B mucks in.

Corey, it made me go all pathetic and want to cry. Snort. It’s so annoying. :(

Dumdad, thanks dearie. It seems like that sometimes doesn’t it?

Tara, yep, I’ve got one like that too. And my friends other half even had ‘poorly pyjamas’ hee hee.

15. Maureen Says:

Been there, done that. My family was sick last week. Ewwww.

Get better, get rest, get back soon!

16. Irene Says:

When you have little children, you have a tendency to get sick a lot. I notice that I never get sick anymore now that I am childless. I don’t even catch an ordinary cold. I feel very blessed compared to poor you.

17. Akelamalu Says:

Sorry to hear you’ve all been suffering Jo. Reiki on the way. :)

18. Rosie Says:

Oi!! Beaufoix!! Whinging is my department. As you know I’m an expert at it. Did I mention my drive?!! Cheer up – Will Young’s new single is now available for download on iTunes. Don’t sa you’re not smiling to yourself as you read this. And also – I have your Christmas present which is hilarious! (Have I spelt that right?!)